Frequently asked questions and answers
What is the best way to organise a wedding celebration with you?
The first step would be to call or email, we can then set up a Skype or face to face meeting to discuss your requirements, dates, venue etc.
How much do these ceremonies cost?
Every couple will have a unique experience and some may opt for more traditional ceremonies and some may decide to have a simple service so prices will vary.
For my professional service prices start from £395.00 which will be agreed by email so you will know how your budget will look. With £100 deposit. The remaining balance is due one month before your wedding date, both paid by BACS or cheque.
This will be included with the commitment Package/Service:
- A Skype Consultation Meeting, unlimited email, telephone or Skype conference calls.
- Access to my comprehensive selection of poems and readings.
- A bespoke wedding ceremony that will be created by Paula, individual to you.
- Options to include a Hand-fasting, Unity Candle, Rose, Loving Cup or Sand ceremony - at no extra charge.
- Freedom to include religious, spiritual and/or wedding traditions from around the globe.
- A Commemorative wedding certificate, to be signed by the Bride, Bridegroom and two witnesses (great photo opportunity).
- A beautiful keepsake copy of the wedding ceremony script.
- Travel to your wedding location within England and Wales. Europe and USA by separate discussion.
- A Rehearsal with me (the evening before or early on your wedding day) with the bridal party.
- By arrangement photos by one of the UK’s top photographers.
Paula can do any of her ceremonies in Marbella, Spain, she has several venues that she can use to create a beautiful and bespoke service. You can also have STONEHENGE, AVEBURY and ROLLRIGHT CIRCLE for your location.
What about the Legal aspect?
Currently in England and Wales only Registrars and designated religious clergy & officiants can legally complete the paperwork for the marriage documents. This means that (for the time being) this part remains separate to your Wedding Celebration Ceremony. You can arrange to visit the Register Office to formalise the paperwork at a time convenient to you - which may be on the morning of your wedding or a day or two before. We suggest you don't exchange rings before the Registrar.
I do not need to see any documentation in order to conduct your wedding celebration, it is entirely up to you when you hold your legal marriage.
Your guests need not know your Creative Wedding Celebration Ceremony doesn’t include the legal documentation. This is not a problem. I deliver a ceremony which is very similar to that of a Civil Registrar led wedding. Most guests at weddings don’t even realise it doesn't include the legal aspect, they are always pleasantly surprised at how personal it is!
Can we have our ceremony at midnight?
You may enjoy your Wedding Celebration Ceremony at any time of the day or night.
Where can the ceremony be held?
Anywhere your imagination can think of, some great ideas are hot air balloons, castles, boats, planes, in fact anywhere you would want your perfect day.
Can we have a non-religious, spiritual ceremony?
Absolutely! This is your choice. Many prefer a "spiritual" and not "religious" ceremony.
Can we mix several faiths into the ceremony?
Yes, you can, it is your day and you can have whatever you want, I can mix traditional, pagan and any variation in between.
What sort of clothes do you perform the ceremonies in?
Paula will wear any attire you would like her too, she can were a suit, robes, ancient themes, whatever you are comfortable with, she will do her very best to accommodate your wishes.
What happens if you become ill or somethings happens?
Please don't worry, I have numerous celebrants I can call upon if necessary, there will always be someone to conduct your special day.
How is booking handled and how is the balance paid?
There are two (2) things you must do to have a guaranteed booking.
- Complete the Booking Form (By email, nothing to post)
- A non refundable £100 deposit or full payment made using BACS (non-transferable).
You are booked when we receive the form listed above and deposit paid.
The balance, if any, is paid at least four weeks in advance of the scheduled wedding. Only gratuities are accepted on the day of the wedding.
Most importantly, I am here to make your day memorable and happy, all that matters is your day, your way. If you have any questions please email and someone will get back to you with an answer.
Blessings - Paula x